We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Shortbread with poppy seeds & oats
Cooks In35 minutes plus chilling
Nutrition per serving
Calories 270 14%
Fat 14.9g 21%
Saturates 8.8g 44%
Sugars 8.7g 10%
Protein 4g 8%
Carbs 29.1g 11%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g butter
- 100 g semolina
- 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons Scottish oats
By Abi Fawcett
- Spread the poppy seeds on a plate.
- Put the flour, sugar, butter, semolina and orange zest in a food processor and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Turn out onto a work surface and shape into a cylinder, about 30cm long.
- Gently roll it in the poppy seeds, then wrap in clingfilm and chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas 3.
- Slice the cylinder into rounds, about 2cm thick, and place them, well apart, on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle over the oats, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool a little before serving.